Tax deadlines can crawl up on you, and there is nothing more annoying than having to pay a fine which could be avoided. It does not matter whether your business has made money or not, you must comply with the filing requirements set by the IRS and make sure that you go through the tax calendar every once in a while.
We at Startup Business Accounting understand the challenges of keeping track of all the due dates. Below we have compiled a list of tax filing dates and important deadlines for the 2018 tax year. Do keep in mind that this list isn’t all-inclusive so there may be additional deadlines that apply to you depending on the state you are in. Contact us to ensure you’re meeting all applicable deadlines and to learn more about the filing requirements.
Q3 2018 STARTUP TAX DEADLINES
- JUL 31: Claim your R&D Tax Credits on Form 941.
- SEPT 1: Delaware Quarterly Estimated Franchise Tax, Pay 20% of the estimated annual amount (if annual amount expected to exceed $5,000)
Q3 2018 TAX DEADLINES FOR SAN FRANCISCO STARTUPS
- AUG 31: SF 571-L Business Property Tax
Q3 2018 TAX DEADLINES FOR SANTA MONICA STARTUPS
- JUL 1: Annual City of Santa Monica Business Registration filing due. Payment due on Gross Receipts.
Q3 2018 TAX DEADLINES FOR NEW YORK STARTUPS
Q3 2018 TAX DEADLINES FOR SEATTLE STARTUPS
- JUL 31: Seattle Q2 2018 Business License Tax for Quarterly Filers.
- JUL 31: Washington Q2 2018 Excise Tax Return
- JUL 31: Washington Q2 2018 State Fund Quarterly Report (Payroll Tax)
Q3 2018 TAX DEADLINES FOR WASHINGTON DC STARTUPS
- SEP 15: Payment for the second half of the Real Property Tax Bill is due.
- SEP 17: Q3 2018 DC Estimated Tax Form D-20ES
2019 Tax Deadlines for Filing 2018 Business Returns
Partnership Tax Deadlines:
- March 12, 2019: Original tax deadline for partnerships (Form 1065)
- September 16, 2019: Extension tax deadline for partnerships (Form 1065)
S Corporation Tax Deadlines:
- March 15, 2019: Original tax deadline for S corporations (Form 1120S)
September 16, 2019: Extension tax deadline S corporations (Form 1120S)
C Corporations Tax Deadlines:
- April 15, 2019: Original tax deadline for C Corporations (Form 1120)
- October 15, 2019: Extension tax deadline for C Corporations (Form 1120)
Sole Proprietor Tax Deadlines:
- April 15, 2019: Original tax deadline for sole proprietor and individuals (Form 1040)
- October 15, 2019: Extension tax deadlines for sole proprietor and individuals (Form 1040)
Nonprofit Tax Deadlines:
- May 15, 2019: Original tax deadline for exempt organizations (Form 990)
- August 15, 2019: Extension tax deadline for exempt organization (Form 990)
Missing tax deadlines will have major consequences. Every Startup’s tax compliance needs are different. The above details are for guidance sake and if you want to discuss how much a Startup tax return costs and other tax needs, you can contact us.
Now that you are aware of the important tax deadlines, we believe you will be interested in knowing how to make your startup financially successful.